Legalization 2020: Welcome to Leafly’s stay protection
Right here we’re: Election Day. Welcome, buddies.
Leafly’s information workforce will present 12+ hours of rolling updates, vote totals, quotes, memes, tweets, posts, and random entertaining bits to maintain your anxiousness at bay and your chill stage cool.
Sick of CNN, Fox, ABC, and MSNBC? Bookmark Leafly’s election web page and return usually. It doesn’t matter what your political persuasion, we’ll present excellent news and glad tidings. Legalization is marching on! Cling with us and watch it develop.
Election 2020: All you need to know about cannabis legalization on the ballot
Up to date Nov. 3 voting outcomes
Every measure wants 50.01% to win. Outcomes are up to date as quickly as state officers launch extra totals.
Arizona: Grownup Use APPROVE (Prop. 207)
Mississippi: Actual Medical Use APPROVE (I-65)
Mississippi: Faux Medical Use APPROVE (I-65A)
Montana: Grownup Use APPROVE (I-190)
Montana: Grownup Use APPROVE (CI-118)
New Jersey: Grownup Use APPROVE (Query 1)
Oregon: Measure 109 (psilocybin) APPROVE
Oregon: Measure 110 (drug decrim) APPROVE
South Dakota: Medical Use APPROVE (IM-26)
South Dakota: Grownup Use APPROVE (CA-A)
Info about poll counting
You’re going to listen to rather a lot about poll counting this week. Listed below are some info, courtesy of the National Conference of State Legislatures, which is a nonpartisan group.
- Each state continues to depend ballots after Election Day. That’s completely regular, it occurs in each single election. It takes time to depend all of them.
- No state certifies a winner, in any race, on Election Night time.
- Counting all of the votes just isn’t tantamount to stealing the election. Counting all of the votes is the election.
- Ballots can arrive after Election Day in 18 states, in line with legal guidelines in these states.
- Army ballots might be acquired after Election Day in 29 states, in line with legal guidelines in these states.
- Election outcomes are licensed on the state and native stage.
- The president and U.S. legal professional common haven’t any management over how votes are counted.
- Any candidate or measure advocate might declare victory at any time—it’s a free nation—however a victory declare or a concession speech imply nothing. It’s the precise state-certified votes that depend.
Certifying the outcomes: How lengthy it may take
Every state units its personal guidelines for a way lengthy the counting course of can take.
This map, created by the Nationwide Convention of State Legislatures, exhibits how lengthy native election officers should certify outcomes.
How lengthy native officers should certify election outcomes
In case you haven’t registered…
A bag of weed is all you want…to relax the fuck out proper now
These are the strains you want this week
Michael Pollan is psyched for Oregon’s legalization vote
The nationwide bestselling creator, whose guide How To Change Your Mind helped increase the usage of medical psilocybin into the nationwide dialog, is watching the vote on Oregon’s Measure 109 intently:
Election 2020: Oregon psilocybin and drug decriminalization initiatives guide